Thursday, December 15, 2011

Thursday, December 15

AM  Psalm 50     PM  Psalm 59, 60  or 33
Zech. 4:1-14
Rev. 4:9-5:5
Matt. 25:1-13

This in from Bp Greg Rickel of the Diocese of Olympia, who posts a story from Rev. John Helmiere:
http://bishoprickel.wordpress.com/ 

Part of what he says is :
I participated because I have witnessed overwhelming evidence that the economic and political systems of my country stand against those people who the God I worship stands for.  My conception of God, inadequate as it may be, is better described as the Love that generates creativity and community, than as a super-man judging us from a heavenly skybox.  Such a God cannot be exclusively claimed by a political party, a religion, or even a movement like Occupy.   Such a Love contrasts with everything that reserves power, dignity, wealth, and the status of full humanity for some while depriving it from others.  My commitment to Love requires me to challenge the increasing consolidation of all these good things in the hands of a few, and to collaborate for the creation of something that Love would recognize as kin.


No comments:

Post a Comment